1. Daughter of Smoke & Bone – High fantasy, magical creatures? Angels, demons? Skeptical, yes. But oh, how I LOVED it, immensely.
2. The Help– SO MANY amazing reviews I just didn’t want to be the oddball! But OMG this is one of the best books ever, ever written.
3. The Weight of Blood– Murder in small town. Right up my alley, but more literary than not. Nonetheless, read like a dream and I savored every moment.
4. The Dirty Life– The content seemed perfect for me [food & farming] but non-fiction is still tricky for me. But, this was PERFECTION, and made me reconsider some of my life choices in regards to food.
5. A Discovery of Witches– A somewhat paranormal adult series. Talk about terrifying. But this series is so amazing, and so full of depth and characters that I adore, Deborah Harkness slays me.
6. Pride & Prejudice– A classic. A classic AUSTEN. HAHAHAHA. Pleasantly surprising is putting it mildly. The characters, the time, I fell right into step with this beloved novel.
7. Clockwork Angel– Again, this kinda steampunk-esque series was a bit of a reach for me but it remains one of my most favorite series ever. AND OH- WILL HERONDALE.. Thanks!
8. Holier Than Thou– Not so much that I didn’t want to read this, but more like I was scared it wouldn’t match up to her first, Love & Other Perishable Items.
10. Burial Rites– I read this novel in basically one sitting. But, historical fiction was ENTIRELY new to me at that point. Let’s just say, I never looked back.