This Week It Gets SERIOUS…YUP, I SAID IT. Somehow a genie escapes from his lamp, comes to you and says, you may no longer read books. I mean, WHAT DO YOU DO!? [Clearly yes, this genie has the ability to make this a reality, so we have to believe it would come to be after he silently walks away as if he hasn't just crushed you.]
So now what? What do you spend your free time doing!? Are you moody? I feel like I would be like a smoker giving up cigarettes. MOODY to the max, temperamental, looking for something to replace my “cigarettes”, or in this case, books. So I scavenge HOBBY LOBBY and become a craft maker, even though my crafts would be awful. So.. once that fails, I focus on photography again.. but I realize I’d go broke seeking out ALL THE PRETTY PLACES. So then I’m just stuck. And bored. And I guess I have no choice… I become a TV junkie. [This is not ideal!]
But Just One Second!
The genie told me there was one circumstance to his rule..
I can read FIVE BOOKS of my choosing before I can no longer read.
Right. That’s not tough or anything! So I’m asking you all TWO things today.. one, what would you DO if you couldn’t read, and TWO.. what would your FIVE last books be!?
There is one stipulation.. no rereads.
- Holy hell, I just DO NOT KNOW. I guess I would have to talk to Katie McGarry and see if she could release her first book in that NEW series ASAP so I could read it.
- Then I would track down Trish Doller and ask for her for Where the Stars Still Shine
- I would then enlist Betty, Shannon, and Judith to help me track down Michelle Hodkin because DAMN I need the Mara Dyer conclusion!
- Then I’m going to do the right thing and read Whistling Past the Graveyard. I don’t know why, I just have HIGH hopes for that book. [Maybe its the cover...]
- And the last??? I simply don’t know. I would pick something random perhaps, with high GR ratings. Its gotta BE GOOD.
It would be rough. REAL ROUGH. A miserable existence! I’m sure like anything we would adapt, but stillll COME ON… Its painful to even think about! But get your minds working and tell me what would happen TO YOU! And what books would you choose!? I MUST KNOW!